A matchmaker dispatcher is a GPII architecture component that decides which matchmaker should handle a specific matchmaking request.
As opposed to the preference-based matchmaker dispatcher (
GPII-1096), this dispatcher (or matchmaker chooser) should be able to choose a matchmaker when no matchmaker preference is expressed in a user's preference set. Two approaches have been considered so far:
- The dispatcher component analyses the preference set and bases the matchmaker choice on the types of preferences, the richness of the preferences set or both.
- The dispatcher lets each of the matchmakers "bid" for the matchmaking task; the one that returns the highest bid (or confidence score) gets the matchmaking task.
- The dispatcher shall not override an explicit matchmaker preference expressed in the preference set.
- The dispatcher should be able to take try different (
GPII-697) or try harder ( GPII-696) requests that the user makes through the PCP.
- The dispatcher should be easy to extend to support additional matchmakers.