Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
The user management library we use (express-couchUser) relies on express 3.x, and is now apparently completely incompatible with the rest of our gpii.express modules. It instantiates an express 3.x instance and view class that are not aware of any of the middleware associated with the express 4.x instance.
As Antranig Basman and I have discussed previously, we have come far enough that we need a replacement for this module. This needs to be feature complete and provide end points to:
- Log a user in
- Log a user out
- Confirm whether a user is logged in
- Create a new unverified account and send a verification email.
- Verify an account using a link provided by email.
- Request a "reset password" link via email.
- Reset a password using a link provided by email.
In addition, it should:
- provide the ability to resend a verification link
The previous library sent username and password details to couchDB for verification. It also relied on its session endpoint to confirm whether the user was logged in, and to persist the session cookie. The replacement should verify credentials itself and provide its own session handling.