The general idea is to create a single chrome extension that offers the features from:
- Chrome4Cloud: https://github.com/GutiX/chrome4cloud
- GWC: https://github.com/javihernandez/gwc-chrome
These two extensions are results of the Cloud4all grant, and although they do the job, it would be great to have them merged into a single one, and become part of the GPII organization. In order to do that we have to:
- Use technologies that we are familiar with, ie: infusion, grunt, etc
- Use the GPII coding standards and policies
- Include tests
- Since we also have plans to do the same for Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge (once extensions are supported), it would be great to share the more logic we can among these extensions
Although this approach may evolve in many different ways, we would like to have this ready to be delivered as part of one of the APCP releases.
- Support for enabling/disabling extensions (such as chromeVox)
- Support for highContrast themes
- Support invertColors
- Zoom level (between 100% and 300%)
- Font size (medium - large - x-large)
- Line height ??
- Font face ??
- Be able to receive settings from the GPII’s browserChannel
- Also, to offer the websites the ability to receive settings from the GPII (as GWC-chrome does)