The following behavior is reproduced consistently. Tested in a VM both without and with a "defaultSettings.json5" (attached to the ticket).
Steps to reproduce:
- Start the GPII app.
- Key in with "snapset_1a"
- Change the "High / Low Contrast" setting from "regular-contrast" to any other value (e.g. "black-white").
- Key out of "snapset_1a" (uses "Reset All to Standard" behind the scenes)
- The user is keyed out successfully.
- The settings are reverted
- The values of the settings in the QSS are restored to their defaults.
- The user is not keyed out (even though a message is sent via the PSPChannel that the current user preferences are empty).
- The settings are reverted (correct)
- The values of the settings in the QSS are not restored to their defaults.
Note that the issue can be observed only when there is an actual keyed in user.