Resolution: Won't Do
Fix Version/s: None
This is a new ticket for the work originally discussed in
GPII-4006 and earlier tickets, which covers adding validation to flow manager and preferences endpoints, and also reducing the memory required for validation under heavy load. In addition, the work to remove the context manager described in GPII-3117 is included.
The QA deployment can happen whenever ops is ready, ideally on Monday, November 25th. There are no database changes or other migration steps required in order for QA to take place.
The production deployment is contingent on the QA review. Once that is complete, we will agree as a team who needs to be on call and when to deploy. We should agree on a time for the deployment at least a day ahead of time.
- Find the node of a preferences pod using the web interface.
- Attach to the node using a command like:
- Attempt a valid prefs GET using a command like:
- You should see a prefs payload.
- Attempt an invalid prefs POST using a command like:
- You should see a validation error like:
Submit a reversion pull against gpii-infra that references the previous version of the universal docker container.
This work does not change the UI at all. We are mainly concerned with side effects, i.e. verifying that reading and writing settings works as expected.