A “user Config” feature called “Quick Start”, which is tied to the user account on the computer.
- quickStart.enabled (boolean): whether QuickStart is enabled or not
- Quick Start only works with auto-keys
When a user logs out of the operating system (or shuts down)...
- The system will NOT reset IFF Quick Start is enabled AND the current key is the same as the key that auto-keys-in on system startup.
- The system will otherwise reset on log-out/shutdown
- E.g., Quick Start is turned off
- E.g., Some other key was keyed in
- E.g., Nobody was keyed in
- Note that when Morphic resets things on logout/shutdown, it may be interrupted. Thus Morphic may need to clean things up on restart.
When a user logs into the operating system (and thus Morphic is coming online)...
- The system will NOT do a clean-up reset IFF Quick Start is enabled.
- When the auto-key-in-on-logon occurs, some clean-up may need to happen to get the person’s settings to be applied without interference from errant settings.
- If Quick Start is disabled, then the clean-up reset will occur as is typical.