Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
As a SysAdmin, I want the automated installation process to be compatible via my regular sysops tools.
A) The Chocolately windows’ package manager by using a custom NuGet package: http://www.nuget.org/ - example at https://github.com/amatas/gpii-package-manager/blob/master/Templates/package.nuspec
B) the following provisioning systems:
- Ansible: http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/intro_windows.html#windows-support
- Chef: https://www.chef.io/solutions/windows/
- Puppet: https://docs.puppetlabs.com/windows/
- PsExec: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/psexec.aspx
- The intent is to make an installer that would work with whatever Sysop tool that any user location would use.
- A survey is being issued to the locations we know of – to see what they are using.